The worlds highest mountain peak, Mt. Everest (8848m), is Nepals most popular and historical trek. Experiencing the breathtaking mountain scenery along the walk is something to live for. Jiri or Phaplu to Everest is a classic route that takes less time.
The Jiri valley is also known as Switzerland of Nepal. The valley is marvelous, with 16000 population. It takes seven days to reach Everest base camp. The journey from Jiri is a gateway to Everest.
Trekkers pass through high hills, witness many mountain peaks, and experience ancient culture unaffected by modernization. The trails pass through Dolakha, Ramechhap, and finally to Solukhumbu, a beautiful valley. Experience scenic hills and mountains, peoples lifestyle, culture, and tradition. Most of the people living there are Buddhists and Kirants. Though the trek is demanding, it is an excellent experience for any physically and mentally fit traveler.
- Panoramic drive from Kathmandu to Jiri
- Traverse the highest passes on earth
- Magnificent perspective on the massive mountains
- Explore the Buddhist monasteries and settlements in the high Khumbu.
- The largest monastery in the Khumbu region - Tengboche Monastery.
- Walk through the Sagarmatha National Park's remote wilderness
- Immerse in the culture and ethnic Nepali way of life
- Witness the varied flora and fauna of Nepal's Himalayan area
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Grade: NA
- Activities: NA